This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Show off buddies

How many times have you gone to a foreign place, wanted to dance, summoned lots of courage to ask the best dancer you see there, only to get rejected?

Let's face it, many top dancers are Divas :) That is one of the reasons why they look good. Many only want to dance with good dancers.

I found that my chances of getting good response when asking people to dance significantly increase when I visit such places with appropriate 'show off partners'.

These so called 'show off partners' are my regular dance buddies. When the dance floor opens, we quickly go out there and show that we can dance :)

LOL, if you do it right, sometimes you don't even have to ask people for a dance. They'll come and ask you!

No comments:

Post a Comment