This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Monday 9 November 2009

Stuck - Plateaus

During the course of learning how to dance salsa, you will often encounter times when you feel like you are stuck.

No matter how you try, there doesn't seem to be any progress, and worse... there may be some back sliding. And as a result, you don't feel like dancing as much anymore.

This is a very common phenomenon. (not just for salsa)

What can we do what we face such a situation?

The easiest thing to do, is to talk to your teacher. A good teacher is like a sporting coach. He can help you plan your training, find your trouble spots, help solve problems, etc.

A 3rd party will have a much easier time helping you find the reason why you get stuck.

You teacher should be in a good position to advice on areas that you can work on and quickly get some progress. You'll be surprised how simple things can elude you sometimes :)

So it's important to get a good teacher. It will make your learning journey a lot fast and more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment