This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Pacing the dance - Music

It's important to learn to dance to the music.

BASIC musicality involved simple pacing of the dance.
Part which are not so intense, do simply moves... parts which are 'high', whack some awesome looking stuff.

Don't just execute one pattern after another or jam the whole dance with advance moves.
The girls will hate it.

Build up slowly, give the girls lots of room to breath and prepare.
When the appropriate time comes (according to music), throw in your big moves, then slow down again for her to rest. Give her time to shine (if she likes to shine), etc.

In this way, your followers will be able to enjoy the dance a lot more rather than straight through whacking from start to end (of coz there are exceptions who loves to be whacked :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment