This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Tuesday 27 October 2009

She looks good --> you'll look good

I am by nature a rather shy person.

Thus I've developed a habit.... of focusing the 'audience' attention on my follow rather than myself.

*** If She looks good --> I'll look good too ***

Actually, it's not that simple, but you get the idea.
This mindset had a very significant impact on the way I dance and lead.

Because of this, I ended up becoming a lead that is able to compensate for the follow's mistakes, and one that can make the girls dance beyond their usual level.

Do remember, make your partner look good. While at the same time, hold your own posture and foundation (keep things clean) and you'll look nice on the dance floor.

This is definitely better than guys who fling the girls about trying to show off their patterns and result in making the dance look like a fight instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment