This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Sunday 6 June 2010

Treat Every dance like it's a performance

Every dance I do, I put in 100%. If I can't do 100% (like very tired), I'll politely reject the request to dance, coz it'll not be fair to her and myself.

But... why so serious?

Reason is simple, I do not ever want to 'practice' the wrong thing.

No slacking, lazy habits, etc. Otherwise, when I go on stage, if I ever forgot, or tense up or lose concentration, I'll revert to the 'slack habits'. But if every dance is 100%, then the habitual reaction will be 100% level of performance.

Another reason why I want to do this is.... personally, I enjoy watching people dance, more than dancing myself :)

Thus, when I dance, I would assume there might be people like me, watching.... so it would be good to make someone's day by putting up a nice show? hehehe.

I also enjoy pushing my follow to her limits, while making her enjoy the experience :) and make her look good at the same time, LOL. (yes, it can be done.... related to this are stuff like ladder or moves, planting, spinning techniques, pacing, musicality, etc. Now sure if I've written on them, but if I haven't it would be on this blog sooner or later)

No comments:

Post a Comment