This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Sunday 28 November 2010

Lazy Feet

A VERY common mistake for leads is LAZY FEET.

After a while they realize, they can get away with NOT STEPPING simply because they can.

But they don't realize it looks really bad and it doesn't help the follow keep the rhythm at all.

The most common lazy feet for beginners is the Enchufla step. Very often they don't step on count 2 and 6, result? They lose count and go on wrong foot!

For intermediate dancers, lazy feet often come in when they learn styling or moves where the lead does not need to move (or step). They will love it so much that some end up sliding all over the dance floor.

ANY styling, if done once is a while, can look nice, but if repeated ALL the time, it looks really bad!

So guys, don't be lazy, STEP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment