This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Complacency

Be extra careful when you 1st dance with any girl.

No matter how familiar you are with your move, you can never predict her reaction.

So always LOOK and take precautions. Do not be complacent and assume that your move or lead will work as expected.

I've recently committed the above error when I danced with an old friend that I had not danced with for a while. Suffice to say, she moved when I expected her to stay on the spot. The result? I smacked her on the head.... it's so embarrassing and I hope there are no bruises the next morning :P

No comments:

Post a Comment