This blog was started, because I've come to realize that I've been telling my students a lot of things. Useful experience, lessons that I've learnt the hard way, etc. while teaching Salsa.

All those stuff were never properly recorded. I did write some articles but I guess they were lost in some obscure corner now.

Hopefully with this blog, .... those information/tips can be put to better use.

(also, please pardon my broken English / Singlish.... I prefer to be 'informal' when writing, hopefully people can still understand what I'll be writing. I hope none of these posts sound too obnoxious or arrogant. Do feel free to post your comments as well. :P)

Thursday 26 May 2011

Barriers to Social Dancing

Beginner guys have many many 'fears' when it comes to social dancing. I will list down some... in individual posts and write on how to overcome them.

Here is one which I heard recently....

"I wanted to dance with this girl, but she just finished a dance with an awesome lead.... if I ask her to dance now, it would be an anti-climax!"

Does that sound familiar? Basically it's a guy ego problem... we assume that the girls will compare :)

Honestly though, who cares? It's not like u're going after the girl? U're just going to do one dance and the hunt for the next target! :P

If she had a very intensive dance with another guy just before you, then... do a slow and smooth one to help her relax! (I'm sure she'll appreciate it)

The key thing is, enjoy the dance, SMILE. Even doing simple moves (especially on crowded dance floors) can be nice as long as both dancers are smiling and enjoying it :)

I will try to get a girl's POV for this sentence and post it here later.

No comments:

Post a Comment